How we review the top betting sites in Australia
How to review a bookmaker? Uh sign up to it, put down a bet, think about whether it makes you happy or sad. Simple. Hmmm maybe you want something more than that. Maybe you want to know about complicated stuff like payment methods and licensing and that kind of thing. OK then, well we’ve come up with this test process that we’ll use to hopefully find the best betting sites for sports. Here’s what we look out for in any good Australian bookie:
- Site design: Who loves a betting site that looks like a bucket of crap? Uh not us, and not you either. This is why we get all analytical about how each sports betting site looks and how easy it is to use. Gold stars for those bookies who’ve actually bothered to create their own sports betting apps too.
- Customer support: We won’t stand for bad customer support. Seriously, we will call out those bookies who treat us like $***. Life’s too short for that kind of nonsense. Instead we’ll point you towards those bookmakers who actually give a toss about their customers. Expect 24/7 customer support on live chat, email, phone and an overwhelming sense of satisfaction.
- Payment methods: This is where you get to see how you put your money down and pick it up again. All of this should be pretty simple, but some sneaky bookies will put on charges for moving your cash around. Not nice. So our reviews will show you those bookmakers who take the stress out of making payments.
- Licensing and security: Fancy signing up to an unlicensed betting site? Probably not a good idea. Unlicensed bookies don’t just smell bad, they also won’t pay you your winnings and will never do the washing up either. Our bookie reviews will reveal 100% licensed bookies who have encrypted websites and will never hog the remote control.
- Reward programs: You can get rewards for betting on sports. Yeah that’s right, some bookies are so desperate for your business that they’ll give you credit regardless of whether you win or lose your sports bet. Sound good? Then check out our bookie reviews to see those betting sites with the best loyalty schemes.
- Betting markets: What do you want to bet on? Everything? OK then, we’ll find those bookies who allow you to bet on everything, and then much more too. Our reviews will show you those betting sites who give you endless bets for rugby, cricket, soccer, Australian rules football, surfing, chess, politics, TV, beach volleyball… you get the picture yet?
- Odds: The best betting sites for sports will always give you the best odds. It doesn’t really need to get much more complicated than that. OK it kind of does, as some bookies give you better odds for the BBL while other betting sites are better for the Sheffield Shield. Uh… read our bookie reviews to see which site has the best odds for your favourite sport!
- Limits: Who wants to win a massive bet and then find that the bookmaker has put a cap on your winnings? Probably not you. This is why we always check out what kind of limits a bookie has. Perfect for seeing which bookie is more generous than most.
Best betting sites for sports FAQ
Is live betting legal in Australia? Uh kind of. You can’t bet live on sport over the internet, but you can ring up a bookie over the phone and put down an in-play bet. Yeah we know that this is not ideal and pretty ridiculous, but that’s just the state of things at the moment.
What deposit methods can I use?
Most bookies let you make payments with a bank transfer or a card brand like Visa and MasterCard. Keep an eye out for those betting sites that also let you pay with POLi or BPAY. Some bookies even accept ewallets and prepaid cards.
How long do withdrawals normally take?
Hmmm how long is a piece of string? OK most payments for most decent bookmaker sites will usually land in your account in a couple of banking days. If a payment is taking longer than a week to come through, then something might have gone wrong.
Can I trust online bookmakers?
On the whole, most bookies can be trusted. However, there are a few bad eggs out there. This is why it’s smart to check that each bookmaker is licensed in Australia. Plus you should obviously only pick those bookies that have passed our reviews and have scored high on our bookmaker comparison.
How do I win my sports bets?
If only we knew! Seriously that’s half the fun of sports betting. The unexpected shock result. The thrill of the chase. The hilarious English batting collapse. We think that the best ways to win your bets is to do your research and check out our betting tips. Plus it’s smart to avoid putting down your life savings on a bet. We don’t wanna be boring, but gambling responsibly is the best way to enjoy sports betting.
A few of our favourite Australian bookmakers
Beyond the hunt for the best betting sites for sports
We set ourselves the challenge of finding the perfect bookmaker. But we didn’t just stop there. After all, there is a massive range of bookies out there, and everyone will want to bet on sport in a different way. So we’ve made sure that we’ve created the ultimate betting resource for Australia. This means that you’ll have everything you need to blow your cash on your favourite sport. Here’s an overview of what you can find on our site.
- Top bookmakers for your favourite sport: Everyone has their own favourite sport. We’ll show you those bookies that are best for football, rugby, horse racing, tennis, cricket, basketball, Formula 1 motor racing and much more.
- Australia’s best betting apps: We have to admit that we’ve massively lazy. There’s no way that we’re staying at a desktop computer longer than we need to. This is why we’re on the hunt for the best betting apps so that we can slouch around from the comfort of our iOS and Android mobiles.
- Bookmaker reviews: This is where we shine a harsh spotlight on each Australian betting site and play ‘good cop, bad cop’. You see us cosying up to each bookie as we see what odds they have, before we mentally break them as we examine everything from their customer support to their licensing.
Best betting sites in Australia FAQ
It depends what you’re looking for. We have found some awesome small bookies who are great at odds for horse racing, but they’re not so hot for betting on the NRL and AFL. So make sure that you read our guide to the best betting sites in Australia. This will show you a wide range of online bookies in Australia who can give you an excellent betting platform – regardless of how big they are.
We’ve found some amazing betting apps that give you a seriously easy way to bet on anything from cricket to rugby. These all come from Australia’s best betting sites online so that you’re pretty much guaranteed top odds. Take a look at our guide to the best betting sites for sports that’ll show you which bookies are currently competing to give you the best betting app Australia has to offer.
There are lots of new betting sites in Australia appearing on the scene each and every year. Some of these bookies offer a great betting platform, while others are still clearly learning the ropes. Take a look at our guide to the top betting sites in Australia. This will show you a great overview of all of the new bookies that you should be paying attention to along with some classic Australian bookmakers for good measure.
There’s plenty of debate about this question as everyone will have their own ideas about what makes for the perfect bookie. Some people might be looking for a bookmaker with amazing NRL odds, while other people will want a bookie with the best odds for the BBL. Make sure that you read our guide to the best betting sites in Australia to see which of these awesome bookies works best for you.
It shouldn’t take much more than a quick internet search to find a list of the top 10 betting sites. However, many of these bookmaker lists can be outdated or inaccurate. So come to our betting resource if you want a good overview of online gambling in Australia. This will show you a comprehensive list of the best betting sites for sports so that you can find an awesome online bookmaker.