Poker Mastercard Sites
Mastercard is one of the world’s most popular electronic payment methods. Here at Betting.co.uk, our experts like to provide you with a detailed explanation of just why certain payment methods are suitable for Mastercard online gambling enthusiasts like poker players. In this article, we’ll look at Mastercard poker sites, and tell you how they work. If you want to play online poker, Mastercard is one of your best options for a payment method. Mastercard debit cards allow you to claim the vast majority of poker bonuses, they help to keep all your transactions safe and secure, and they are very widely accepted. Deposits and withdrawals also tend to be processed very speedily. If you’re playing online poker, Mastercard is a payment method that our experts think you may want to consider using.
Making a Payment with Mastercard
The process of making a payment with Mastercard at an online poker site is usually very simple, though it can vary from site to site. In general terms, these are the steps that would follow to add funds to your online poker account using Mastercard.
- After you have opened your account, click on the Add Funds Now tab or its equivalent at the poker site you use.
- Choose Mastercard as the option when asked about which payment method you want to use. Remember, you can only use a Mastercard debit at UK operators – Mastercard credit cards are no longer eligible.
- Choose the amount of money that you would like to add to your account. Check to make sure that you are depositing the minimum allowed amount. This is usually £10 for UK punters. If you are in any doubt about the minimum amount, check with customer services.
- Click on the Add Funds tab or its equivalent once you have chosen Mastercard and checked the amount of money that you wish to deposit in your account. The funds should then be in your account almost immediately, as it is rare for a Mastercard debit card deposit to take longer than this.
Making a withdrawal can be a more complex process than this, even if you are using Mastercard. Poker fans who want to withdraw any winnings that they have been lucky enough to collect may have to wait from three to five working days before the money is transferred to them. The good news is that this is nothing to worry about. It usually occurs because the site has processes in place to guard against criminal activity like money laundering and as such needs to spend time validating withdrawal requests. You can usually withdraw your winnings to the same Mastercard debit card that you used to deposit funds, though, which adds yet more convenience to the experience.
Mastercard Compared to Other Providers
At Betting.co.uk, we think that Mastercard debit cards are a great option for online poker fans. One really important thing to remember, though, is that if they’re using Mastercard, poker players cannot use their credit card to play online anymore. This is due to changes in legislation in the UK in April 2021. But that does not mean that you cannot use Mastercard debit cards.
One really positive aspect to using Mastercard debit cards is that they usually allow you to claim the full range of bonus offers that poker sites provide to their players. Punters who use eWallets like Skrill or Neteller can often find that they are not allowed to claim welcome offers. This is a major reason to choose Mastercard as your payment option, especially if isn’t one of the casino sites with PaySafe and other prepaid cards or eWallets as options.
We have heard a few reports of bookmakers requesting alternative methods to Mastercard when withdrawing, so you may need to request a bank transfer if you experience this. However, these tend to be rare cases, and we don’t consider these significant enough to dissuade users from choosing Mastercard as their betting payment method of choice. Like Visa online gambling, it remains a popular option.
Can I claim a poker welcome bonus when I use Mastercard?
One of the really great features about using Mastercard to play poker online is that there are rarely any restrictions in place around you being able to claim welcome offers and other bonuses from a casino with live dealers. While users of ewallets can often be restricted in terms of which bonus offers they can claim, it is rare that anyone using Mastercard will face this kind of thing. In general terms, if you’re playing online poker, Mastercard allows you to claim the full range of live casino sign up offers from a site – though always check the terms and conditions, just to be sure.
Does every online poker site accept Mastercard?
If you’re playing online poker Mastercard remains a very widely accepted option at many sites. It is a method that comes as closer to universal acceptance than many others. This does not mean, though, that every online poker site will accept Mastercard debit cards as a payment option. Some newer or less well-known sites may only accept ewallets like PayPal, for example. If you have any issues over which payment methods are accepted at which sites, check our reviews or contact customer service at the site itself.
Do I have to use a debit card like Mastercard when I play poker online?
You are not usually limited to a choice of one payment method when you play poker online. You can choose from a range of options at most sites, and sometimes this range is very extensive indeed. While we at Betting.co.uk think that Mastercard is among the best of the options for payment methods, it is not usually the only one that you can use to play online poker. Always remember that you cannot now use a Mastercard credit card to play poker or play at an online casino. If you want to play online poker, Mastercard debit cards are needed, not credit cards.
5 Things to Look for in Good Mastercard Poker Sites
So what you should you look for when you are seeking out the best possible online poker site that accepts Mastercard? Here are five things that we at Betting.co.uk believe are vitally important when you are looking for a good online poker site.
- Check out the value of the welcome bonus.Everyone likes to be thanked for signing up for an account at a poker site, so always check what the welcome bonus is like at an operator before you commit to opening an account. Many operators will give you a decent chunk of bonus credit for playing poker in return for your first deposit or for downloading the software. Sometimes they may even add in extras that you can use if they are casinos that accept Mastercard on their platforms too. If you want to play online poker, Mastercard means you can claim bonuses almost everywhere.
- Make sure there is a good range of poker games and tournaments.Whatever kind of payment method you use, if you sign up at a poker site you want there to be plenty of options available when it comes to the actual poker on offer. Always check the range of game types, as well as which tournaments you can enter. The more variety there is, the better. We at Betting.co.uk can help you find good poker sites with our detailed operator reviews too.
- Check the rake rates to make sure that they are fair. Rake is the commission that poker sites charge on games. No one likes paying too much rake when they’re playing poker online. Always look at what the rake rates are like before you open an account at a poker site. If you want to see the rake rates for a poker site then read our detailed reviews here at Betting.co.uk – they can tell you what you need to know.
- See what the software is like and ensure that your devices are compatible. When you are playing poker online you need to make sure that the software for the poker site is compatible with your device. In general terms, this should not be much of a problem for anyone with the latest devices. If you are using an older laptop, phone or tablet, though, there might be some issues. Check with customer service if you have any issues with software compatibility at your chosen Mastercard poker site.
- If you like playing on your phone, make sure that the Mastercard poker site’s software works on mobile Another potential issue is if the Mastercard poker site does not offer a mobile app, or their site is not designed with mobile play in mind. This is becoming an increasingly rare issue, but it might still occur at some less well-known operators. If you like to play poker on your phone, check that your chosen poker site is compatible with mobile devices.
Mastercard Can Help You Keep You Shape a Winning Poker Strategy
When it comes to playing poker online, bankroll management is a key skill, just as it is for sports betting. You need to be able to judge when and how much to bet on certain hands at certain times in the game if you want to be successful as a poker player. Judging bet size is really important in poker, so you should always keep one eye on your bankroll. Always remember that knowing when to fold is a real skill too.
Of course, successful poker players do more than just weigh up how much to bet and when. They are also continually assessing things like probability and what cards every other player might be holding. Poker is a game that is about much more than money. You also need to be able to think ahead, to visualise outcomes and know when to act. Timing like this can only come from experience and developing a deep knowledge of the game. Feeling secure, both in your game knowledge and knowing that your transactions and data are safe, will help you keep your mind clear and help you make better decisions at the poker table.
Mastercard is a secure payment method that allows you to relax, knowing that your transactions are safe. A relaxed mind is a real asset for a poker player, as it means you can make the kind of intelligent calculations and judgements that are needed to win games. If you want to know more about key online poker skills like bet timing, decision making and overall strategy then make sure you read our poker section here at Betting.co.uk.
When you’re playing online poker Mastercard remains one of the best payment methods that you can choose to fund your account. Not only are Mastercard debit cards among the safest of payment methods that you can opt to use when playing poker online, they are also among the most widely accepted, with a huge range of poker sites and other gambling operators accepting them. If you’re using a Mastercard poker site that you can also usually claim the welcome bonus and other offers that can sometimes be restricted for users of other payment methods. Always remember too that if you’re looking for the best options when it comes to online poker sites that Betting.co.uk is a source of some really useful information on a range of topics.
Mastercard Poker FAQs
💻How do I make a Mastercard poker deposit?
If you want to know how to deposit funds in your account at a poker site then you should read our operator reviews and Mastercard articles here at Betting.co.uk. As well as telling you all about which payment methods can be used to fund your online poker account, we’ll also give you details about how the process of making a deposit at your chosen site works. If you’ve got any kind of query about online gambling – poker, sports betting, casino gaming or even bingo-related – we can help you here at Betting.co.uk!
💳Which poker sites accept Mastercard?
Mastercard remains one of the most widely accepted of all debit cards when it comes to playing online poker. There are a great number of poker sites that allow you to use Mastercard to make deposits into your account. If you want to find out whether a poker site that you are eyeing up accepts Mastercard as a payment method then one of the simplest ways to check is to look at our detailed poker reviews here at Betting.co.uk. Not only will you discover more about payment methods there, but you can also find out more about bonus offers, licensing and security issues, and whether the site has a VIP scheme. Betting.co.uk is a great resource for fans of online poker.
💰Can I use Mastercard to make deposits to mobile poker sites?
Most online poker sites now have some kind of mobile provision in place, with many allowing you to play by using their own specific poker app. If you want to see if a site allows you to make Mastercard poker deposits while playing using their mobile site or app then our poker reviews here at Betting.co.uk can help you. Make sure you check out all of our poker pages!