Best In Play Betting Sites
Find new In Play Betting Sites
In-play markets have revolutionised the way in which punters stake funds on sports events, with the ability to bet on the action once it has already begun being both exciting and potentially lucrative. Whether it be backing a Premier League football team to score a winning goal in the last 10 minutes or a cricket team to successfully chase down a big total, the best in-play betting sites offer a wide range of options in this area, while there are also a number of new in-play betting sites looking to get in on the act. This page will take a detailed look at the live markets, as well as outlining the best in-play betting sites and exactly how they work.
Key Points Surrounding In-Play Betting Sites
For those who are not familiar with this form of betting and how the best in-play betting sites operate, the following points will give you a much clearer understanding:
- An in-play bet is one that is placed after the sporting event has started.
- In-play market odds are updated regularly by bookmakers.
- In-play markets are also suspended upon a key incident occurring.
- In-play betting is also commonly known as live betting.
- New live betting sites and existing bookmakers offer in-play betting markets surrounding most sports, with football, tennis and basketball being among the most popular.
What is In-Play Betting?
In-play betting is effectively any bet that is placed after the official start of an event, whether it be one minute into a football match or in the fifth and deciding set of a tennis match. In-play market odds are constantly changing, with the best in-play betting sites adjusting prices based on what is taking place on the pitch, court or track. Both existing and new in-play betting sites cater for fans of many sports in this area, with in-play markets now forming the basis for many betting strategies today.
How to Place In-Play Bets
All of the best online bookmakers in operation today will conveniently list available in-play markets, with the number of options in this area ranging from bookie to bookie, as well as between sports. Punters will be able to view the current scoreline, along with some useful statistics in some cases. Having taken on board all of the relevant information, punters must quickly take advantage of value markets, with odds changing by the minute in some cases. The best in-play betting sites will separate markets by sport, while schedules also make it easy for punters to see what in-play markets will be available in the near future. Those placing in-play bets will generally have to wait a few seconds before it is processed, which is due to any potential price changes that may have happened in this time. The majority of live bets will be placed during periods of open play or during intervals, as this is when they are most likely to be accepted, with in-play markets regularly being suspended in order to allow bookmakers time to make adjustments. As such, finding the right in-play bet can take time, meaning that it is advisable to have a number of bets lined up beforehand.
Pre-Match vs In-Play Betting
Despite the introduction of in-play markets, pre-match bets are still hugely popular, with the following being the main factors to take into consideration when choosing between the two:
- With the majority of sporting encounters, there will be a favourite and an underdog. As such, waiting until the event has started is an effective way to increase the odds, whether it be waiting until 20 minutes into a football match when the score remains goalless or in the event of a tennis player losing the first set against the odds.
- Those placing pre-match bets on the overwhelming favourites are unlikely to see any significant winnings, with bookmakers having priced them with short odds.
- In-play markets are often used by punters when looking to hedge their bets. For example, if you have backed Liverpool to win in the Champions League with a pre-match bet, but their opponents take an early lead, you may wish to bet on them with an in-play bet in order to cover your losses.
- When looking to back an underdog, it is better to do so with a pre-match market generally speaking, with the odds on an unlikely victory only likely to decrease as the event plays out.
- With bookmakers looking to entice punters into placing impulsive in-play bets, promotions surrounding this form of gambling are often made available in order to make such markets all the more appealing.
- The number of pre-match markets is also likely to differ from the amount of in-play markets on betting sites.
How Are In-Play Odds Calculated?
Most of the best in-play betting sites and new in-play betting sites will utilise leading software when calculating live odds. Both pre-match odds and influencers, including goals, cautions, injuries and performance, are used, with such systems quickly coming up with prices, based on the probabilities and risks involved. As such, those with excellent knowledge in a particular area are likely to be able to find good value from time to time.
In-Play Betting Rules
No matter which bookmaker it is that you are registered with, there are a small number of rules surrounding in-play betting that must be taken into account, including the following:
- Live bets may not be processed instantly, with a small waiting period being required. Meanwhile, in some cases, bookmakers will cancel bets before they are placed due to changes in odds or suspended markets.
- In-play bets may not contribute to bonus wagering requirements, with this likely to differ from bookmaker to bookmaker.
- Cashed out in-play bets are also unlikely to qualify punters for any potential enhanced odds offers, so be sure to look into this beforehand.
In-Play Betting Strategies
The fact that in-play betting is now so common has meant that this form of wagering now forms the basis for many betting strategies, with the following being among the factors to consider in this area:
Cash Out – In-play betting and cashing out go hand in hand, with the ability to settle bets before their completion having become part of many betting strategies. For example, in the event of a punter placing a bet on a football team to win, only to see the team in which they have bet on score just minutes later, the amount of money offered by bookies to cash out will likely grant a rapid profit. As well as this, cash out can also be used to cut losses, ensuring that funds remain for future bets.
Live Streaming – Live streaming is also hugely useful when it comes to in-play betting, allowing customers to watch how an event is playing out, before backing their favourite. For example, if a number of tough tackles have been put in by the same player, it may be worth betting on them receiving a yellow card.
Pulse Betting – A number of the best in-play betting sites and new in play betting sites offer what is known as Pulse betting, which effectively means backing a particular event occurring within a particular timeframe. The quicker the event occurs, the more winnings are received, making this another popular live betting option.
What Other Betting Guides & Strategies are Available?
For those who do not think that in-play betting is the best option, there are a number of other guides and strategies on our site, perfect for those looking to find the form of wagering which will deliver the best chance of beating the bookies on a consistent basis. No risk matched betting and Asian handicaps are two popular forms of betting strategy utilised by punters today, while we also provide a detailed guide on which bookmakers is best for beginners. Meanwhile, punters are also likely to have questions surrounding the use of betting exchanges, as well as the legality of betting in the UK, with Betting.co.uk having all of the answers!
In-play betting has quickly become one of the most popular forms of wagering on sporting encounters, with those who place the right bet at the right time being rewarded generously. The best in-play betting sites cater for fans of all sports, while new in-play betting sites are delivering more and more features in this area, making this type of wager all the more enjoyable. So, be sure to check out the best in-play betting sites listed on this page, before backing teams and players after the opening whistle has been blown, ball has been bowled or tee shot has been hit.