See the Grand National day 2 results from the Aintree Festival
Looking for Grand National day 2 results from Aintree? Ladies Day marks the halfway stage of the three-day Festival. Again, there were four Grade 1 races. See if any horses you backed finished placed at Liverpool venue.
In the opening Pertemps Network Handicap Hurdle, Tronador relished stepping up in trip for his Irish connections. He defied a big drift in the market to win at 22/1. Following on from that, the Grade 1 Top Novices’ Hurdle went to County Hurdle hero Belfast Banter as the Emerald Isle took the first two contests. He confirmed form with Third Time Lucki, while joint-favourite Dusart hit the frame on just his second start.
The next couple of race had plenty of drama. Chantry House took full advantage of Espoir De Romay falling two out in the Mildmay Novices’ Chase and following-up on Cheltenham Festival success. Fakir D’Oudairies finally got his head back in front in the feature Marsh Chase. Master Tommytucker’s jumping let him down, while Politologue was only fourth in the race he won three years ago.
Over the Grand National fences in the Topham Handicap Chase, Livelovelaugh got a great ride from amateur jockey Patrick Mullins. The biggest shock among Grand National day 2 results came in the Sefton Novices’ Hurdle when 66/1 outsider Ahoy Senor bested Bravemansgame.
In the Pinsent Masons Conditional and Amateur Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle that closed Ladies Day, Rowland Ward ran down Camprond and prevailed by half-a-length. There were three winners for Ireland on the day, while only one favourite obliged proving it pays to look beyond the market principals. Below, you can read details of all placed horses in the Grand National day 2 results below.
Full Grand National day 2 results
Pertemps Network Handicap Hurdle Result
- Tronador 22/1 (Denise Foster [IRE], Jack Kennedy)
- Dans Le Vent 18/1 (Evan Williams, Isabel Williams)
- Edwardstone 7/1 (Alan King, Tom Cannon)
- Mister Coffey 6/1F (Nicky Henderson, Nico de Boinville)
- Kateson 25/1 (Tom Lacey, Tom Scudamore)
Top Novices’ Hurdle Result
- Belfast Banter 9/1 (Peter Fahey [IRE], Kevin Sexton)
- Do Your Job 12/1 (Michael Scudamore, Brendan Powell Jr)
- Dusart 5/2JF (Nicky Henderson, Nico de Boinville)
Mildmay Novices’ Chase Result
- Chantry House 11/8F (Nicky Henderson, Nico de Boinville)
- Shan Blue 9/2 (Dan Skelton, Harry Skelton)
- Fiddlerontheroof 15/2 (Colin Tizzard, Robbie Power)
Marsh Chase Result
- Fakir D’Oudairies 2/1 (Joseph O’Brien [IRE], Mark Walsh)
- Nuts Well 14/1 (Ann Hamilton, Danny McMenamin)
- Itchy Feet 14/1 (Olly Murphy, Gavin Sheehan)
Topham Handicap Chase Result
- Livelovelaugh 15/2 (Willie Mullins [iRE], Mr Patrick Mullins)
- Pink Eyed Pedro 33/1 (David Brace, Jack Tudor)
- Senior Citizen 10/1 (Alan King, Adrian Heskin)
- Snugsborough Hall 20/1 (Liam Cusack [IRE], Mr Derek O’Connor)
- Sir Jack Yeats 33/1 (Richard Spencer, James Best)
Sefton Novices’ Hurdle Result
- Ahoy Senor 66/1 (Lucinda Russell, Derek Fox)
- Bravemansgame 13/8F (Paul Nicholls, Harry Cobden)
- Oscar Elite 15/2 (Colin Tizzard, Jonjo O’Neill Jr)
- Streets Of Doyen 11/2 (John McConnell [IRE], Simon Torrens)
Pinsent Masons Conditional Jockeys’ and Amateur Riders’ Handicap Hurdle Result
- Rowland Ward 12/1 (Stuart Edmunds, Charlie Hammond)
- Camprond 9/2JF (Philip Hobbs, Ben Jones)
- Bold Enough 11/2 (Henry De Bromhead [IRE], Hugh Morgan
- Leoncavallo 6/1 (David Pipe, Fergus Gillard)