Here’s our roundup of the main talking points from today’s FA Cup fourth qualifying round action.

bowers pitsea fc

By Steven Oldham 

Bowers & Pitsea stun Shots 

Bowers & Pitsea are in the first round draw for the first time in the club’s history after beating Aldershot Town 2-1.
National League side Shots were the day’s big casualties after losing to opposition playing their football two steps lower in the pyramid.
The Isthmian Premier side scored either side of the break to book their place in the first round draw for the first time.
Lewis Manor’s penalty on the brink of half time gave the home side the lead.
Corie Andrews equalised, but it was to be the home side’s day with Quentin Monville taking the winning goal ten minutes from time. 

Horsham shock Woking with late winner 

Tom Kavanagh’s late winner saw Isthmian Premier side Horsham embarrass Woking and progress to the first round draw.
The tie looked to be heading to a replay but Kavanagh’s late winner three minutes from time saw them eliminate their higher ranked opponents.
Dominic di Paola’s side will now look to emulate the 2007/8 side who reached the second round for the first, and so far only time.
Woking made the fourth round in a memorable cup run 30 years ago, but were the scalps for a lower league team today.

Marine dreaming of another cup run 

Jordan Davies’ 90th minute equaliser spared Wrexham’s blushes as Marine earned a replay in the FA Cup fourth qualifying round.
Marine must have thought they’d won it after Owen Watkinson put them ahead after 78 minutes.
The Northern Premier League West side made it all the way to the third round last season, only losing to Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham Hotspur.
They will be in the hat for tomorrow’s first round proper draw.  National League side Wrexham will host the replay on Tuesday night. 

Eastleigh rescue replay to do it all again 

It was a proverbial game of two halves between Eastleigh and Folkestone Invicta, who served up a 3-3 draw.
The biggest shock of the day looked to be on the cards as Isthmian Premier side Invicta raced into a 3-0 lead after 20 minutes.
Alfie Paxman’s brace had his side in dreamland after seven minutes, with Scott Heard adding another on 18 minutes.
The shellshocked Spitfires recovered in the second half, with Ryan Hill and Tyrone Barnett pulling goals back in quick succession.
Christian Maghoma’s last minute equaliser rescued a replay for the home side. 

Yate frighten Dover with early goal

Yate Town gave National League side Dover Athletic a fright after taking the lead in a game that finished 1-1.
The Southern League Premier side took the lead through Olly Mehew after just seven minutes, and led until the hour mark.
Substitute Ricky Miller equalised for the higher ranked side on 61 minutes. Reda Johnson’s late red card saw the home side a man down for the last ten minutes and stoppage time.
Dover now face an unwelcome replay, at a time where they find themselves 16 points adrift at the bottom of the National League. 

Best of the rest 

Tamworth held Notts County to a goalless draw at The Lamb Ground, while FC Halifax Town endured the same result at Pontefract Collieries

Havant & Waterlooville twice came from behind to pick up an impressive 2-2 result at Torquay United. Ben Wynter and Jake Andrews gave the home side the lead, but were pegged back each time. Alex Wall and Tommy Wright pulled the visitors back into it, with Wright’s goal coming deep into injury time. 

Boreham Wood beat Barnet 1-0, while Yeovil Town and Weymouth couldn’t be separated in a 1-1 draw. Dagenham & Redbridge won the other all top-tier clash 2-1 at Wealdstone. 

There were more routine victories for Grimsby Town (5-0 vs Bromsgrove Sporting) and Stockport County (3-0 vs Stamford).  Chesterfield picked up a 4-0 victory at Curzon Ashton, with King’s Lynn Town coming from behind to beat Peterborough Sports.

Altrincham had to work for their win, but eventually beat Southport 3-2. Crisis club Southend United recovered from going a goal down to take a welcome 4-1 win against Chertsey Town. 

Maidenhead United are also through after a 3-1 win over Hastings United. Bromley progressed with a 2-1 win at Hungerford Town. Solihull Moors avoided an upset with a 1-0 win at Hereford. 

Today's winners join League One and Two clubs in tomorrow's first round proper draw.  The likes of Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday and Wigan Athletic are all potential opponents for non-league sides. Tune into ITV 1 at 1p.m. to watch the draw live.

Follow us on Twitter