Who should make use of the comparison?
It doesn’t matter if you are new to online betting or have experience. The online casino industry is evolving at a rapid pace, offering more opportunities to punters. You should be making use of our comparison if:
- You are new to online casinos and want to use the best-rated casinos based on several factors.
- You want to make sure that an online casino you are considering is reliable.
- You do not want to waste your time in finding out the best casino and want to start playing instantly.
- You are looking for a change from your existing casino for a better bonus, more variety of games, or just for a different feel.
Operator Checklist: Top 5 steps for a secure & fair gambling experience
Before signing up with an online casino, check whether it meets the following 5 requirements:
Check if it is legal for the online casino to accept players from your country. It is important for the online casino to be licensed and regulated by the UK gambling commission to accept a UK player. All good UK Online Casinos usually have licenses from more than one institute. They further have certifications from institutes like eCOGRA, TSI and GLI. These third-party institutes do all their checks and then link themselves to an online casino.
Check the site’s reputation. The internet is flooded with UK online casinos reviews. You could use our reliable and honest reviews to check if the online casino is even worth your time.
Check if the casino encrypts your sensitive information or not. If it does not, you may want to reconsider your decision as these days’ hacks are very common, leading to leaks of your financial data.
Secure Payment Options
Betting with real money is half the fun of online casinos, which is why it is important that the operator offer you multiple secure methods for carrying out payment deposits and withdrawals.
When you engage with an online casino and bet money, you would, of course, want to win. Therefore the odds should be of at least market level, giving you a level opportunity to win.
Editor’s Recommendation – The Best Operator
To judge an online casino as the best operator, there are several factors that we consider. Firstly, the operator must be licensed so that there is no doubt for any sorts of fraud and scam. The license must be from a credible body like UK Gambling Commission or its equivalent. Secondly, we see if they have a good number of payment options with low fees and quick withdrawals. There is no point if the banking options are limited. Thirdly, we see if the online casino offers games from the top providers or not. We look for big names like NetEnt, Playtech etc. We strongly believe their association further gives a secured gambling environment. Fourthly, we see if the operator is easy to use and loads up quickly, even on a mobile app. These days punters are always on the go and so it is important to have a good app so that you can play from anywhere. Last but not least, we expect customer service to be outstanding and give a seamless experience.
Nonetheless, the best operator will vary from punter to punter, based on betting preferences and choices. For example, while some may prefer more classic looking games, others might like graphics-intensive gaming options.
This Is How Our Experts Test Operators
It is very important to test operators, but we do understand punters do not have so much of time and they would want to start gaming instantly. Our expert team at Betting.co.uk does all the research for you, so that you can easily find the best online casinos UK for your betting preferences.
There are a lot of factors we check before making this list. Also, we constantly review the casinos again, so you will see our list is updated regularly and the ranks keep changing and because we want the best for our readers.
Here are the 10 aspects our experts check when we review an operator.
Bonus Offers & Free Bets
Bonus offers and free bets are major attractions for the best online casino in UK and accordingly, we carefully study the bonus offers supported by the operator. Apart from the bonuses offered, we consider the wagering requirements and how realistic the bonus is. The best online casino in UK would have bonuses that are lucrative, easy to understand and easy to access. We also consider if there are reload bonuses or just one-time bonuses offered.
Usability, Look & Feel
The usability of a website is of utmost importance as when you are placing bets, you do not want any technical matters to complicate your betting experience. We check if the site is easy to use, how navigable it is, the process of placing bets and how to access personal account information. In addition, the best casinos in UK would have a pleasing look and feel, which would draw you into the website. The performance of the website should also be sufficiently good, with fast loading times.
Payment is an essential part of online gambling, and so we pay great attention to the payment options offered by an operator, and their safety. We identify the payment methods available for deposits and withdrawals, their respective minimum and maximum amounts, time duration required for the transaction and any applicable fees. The best online casino in UK offers flexible banking options.
Good customer service is very crucial when identifying the best online casino in UK. The casino should have multiple ways to communicate like live chat, hotline, email, and a well-organized FAQ. Live chats are more useful if they are available 24 hours so that punters are supported regardless of what time they are betting. The customer service should speak native English and also be knowledgeable enough to solve your queries immediately.
License & Security
We check if the operator has a valid license for a recognized institute and if they encrypt the data using high technologies like latest SSL as the Best online casino in UK use the latest software to protect their customers’ data. We also check if the operator has a certificate from eCOGRA or GamCare or similar.
Rewards & Loyalty Program
We also check out their VIP Program and benefits for returning customers. These days almost all online casinos offer a good VIP program to their regular punters. This way, both the casino and the players gain out of this. The players regularly spend a good amount and gain some kind of points which are accumulated when they play with real money. The player can redeem them in exchange for lots of goodies, including real cash and VIP events invitations. The Best Casinos in UK offer appealing loyalty and VIP programs.
Sports betting is one of the most popular forms of gambling and is offered by many operators. When we review the sports betting markets of an operator, we consider the variety of sports available for betting, the specific betting markets that are offered, and the average odds presented. Other factors include facilities for live betting and live streaming and the maximum bet limits.
We see the software providers they offer and the titles they provide. Best online casino in UK offers the most popular and reputed software providers. A good online casino offers games from top service providers like Microgaming, NetEnt, Yggdrasil or Playtech. You might also see games from many other reliable casino software providers at the best casinos, such as Genesis Gaming, Cryptologic, NextGen Gaming, and Novomatic.
Although a dedicated poker section is not always offered by the best casinos in UK, many do have special poker offerings. We review the poker section based on the software used for poker, the number of average players, the types of games and rakes, tournaments available and the limits for the players.
Mobile connectivity has become important as punters these days want to be able to bet from wherever they are, whenever they want. Usually, the Best Casinos in UK will have a dedicated app or a mobile-optimized website. We review the speed and functionality of the mobile app/site and any additional mobile bonuses available.
Finding the Right Operator For You
It’s not uncommon for people get bored with their current operator; this issue happens across all forms of online gambling, from sports bettors to those who enjoy to play online bingo. When such malaise sets in, a change of operator quickly becomes very important indeed. Thankfully, we at Betting.co.uk can help you to find a new operator that suits your needs exactly.
Every individual is different. Some people want more bonus, and some want more exotic betting options; with our comparison tool, you can find the operator that suits you the best. Another advantage is you do not have to go to their individual site to research yourself. All is done by our team, and you just have to use our tool to see all in one place. We also keep updating so if there is a new operator and is gaining popularity and passes our checklist, you will see that operator too. These tools are very helpful to save your time so you can concentrate only on betting and leave the rest on us.
Most Important Sections of the Site
Whether you are a new punter or experienced, Betting.co.uk can be of immense use to you. Here are the most important sections of the site:
1) Casino comparison: An online casino comparison is crucial because no operator is perfect and each will have its own pros and cons. Our experts carefully compare the overall casino so users can make a decision.
2) Bonus comparison: Bonuses are a way to attract punters and so, most of the Best Casinos in UK will offer incredible bonuses. We carefully examine all the bonuses and then compare them, so that you can easily find the best bonuses for your betting preferences.
3) Operator/Bonus Reviews: Apart from comparing operators and bonuses, it is important to understand the operator and bonus in-depth. In this section, we provide expert reviews of the top operators and bonuses available.
4) Games/Slots: Online casinos offer a lot of games, ranging from classic options to exotic games. In this section, you can see the games the operator has in stock for you before you sign up with the operator.
5) Payments: Gambling is all about money and so here we carefully examine the prominent payment options in online gambling so that you can familiarize yourself with the payment models, methods, fee, the best-recommended method, the processing time, and so on.
6) Strategy: Understanding the latest betting strategies and tips can go a long way in helping you win your bets. In this section, you can learn about the latest betting strategies and further hone your betting skills.
Responsible Real Money Gambling
In real money best casinos in UK, players can deposit, play, and win real cash. However, gambling should never be seen as a way to make easy and quick money. Instead, it should be taken as a way of entertainment to enjoy your life and should not lead to addiction.
Here we list out some basic guidelines to aid you to keep a level head when playing in an online casino for real money:
- Gambling is meant for adults only. The minimum legal age for all online casinos in Britain is eighteen years. If you try to fake your documents and get caught, you would be breaking the law, and it would be taken as a serious offence.
- Set yourself betting limits, loss limits, and time limits to control your activities.
- Take breaks and other gambling with other fun activities. It should not be your means of living.
- Don’t gamble when stressed out, drunk, upset, depressed, angry, or otherwise preoccupied. Gambling is to be played with a positive mind and for fun.
- Seek help if you feel unable to control your gaming. Speak to a friend or a family member or take advice from rehabs if needed.
Many an online casino UK players can use features responsible gaming tools that help you keep gambling from becoming a devastating problem. Here are some examples:
- Reality checks – It activates the hourly notifications to see how long you’ve been online playing and how much you’ve won or lost.
- Deposit limits – It helps you limit your deposit amounts as you wish, for example, per day, week, or month.
- Wagering limits – It helps limit how much you can bet per game or on your entire account, so you don’t overdo it.
- Loss limit – It limits how much you can lose. Usually, this is calculated from the deposit amount, and not the winning amount.
- Session limit – This limits the amount of time you can play in a day.
- Cooling off period – Players can take a break up to six months. Although the deposits are blocked, you can withdraw your real money balance, which you made earlier.
- Self-exclusion – You can deactivate your account and ban yourself from the online casino for a set time. You need to request the online casino’s customer care if you want to reactivate your account.
Q1. Is it lawful to gamble in an online casino UK punters can use?
Yes. It is legal provided you are playing with the online casinos that are licensed with the UKGC. The Gambling Act of 2005 has made gambling legal and introduced a proper framework to control it. The corresponding regulator that’s in command of the evaluation and editing process is the United Kingdom Gambling Commission.
Q2. Can we see a lot of new types of online casino UK players can use?
Online gaming has gained tremendous popularity in recent years. Due to this, new online casinos are budding in the UK. Out of these, some are members of bigger groups with experience of years in the industry, while others are newcomers. The best way to know about the latest UK casinos is to check our list regularly.
Q3. Can I play online casinos that are not licensed in the United Kingdom?
Although you may be able to go through with an operator that’s not licensed by the UKGC, the board has banned a lot of IPs that haven’t been approved. Choosing an unlicensed UK online casino means there is no guarantee that you will be paid on winning games. Additionally, UKGC licensed casinos have been tested on various aspects like protection and data security. It is strongly recommended that playing with unlicensed operators gives you no data protection reassurance.
Q4. How do I ensure I am playing at a safe online casino UK punters can use?
The best UK online casinos use proper high-tech encryption security protocols. One way to check is to see if the site is secure or not is by checking for HTTPS in the URL. Furthermore, if the operator is endorsed by organisations such as eCOGRA, it inevitably means that the casino’s software has been tested and validated on fair play.
Q5. In an online casino UK players can use, are payout percentages accurate enough?
The best UK online casinos by norms are tested by third-party institutes like the TST, eCOGRA, and GLI, which audits the casino’s software based on fairness. As a result, the pay out percentages they say is genuine and supported by the similar certificates. The United Kingdom is one of the largest online casino areas on the planet. Many casinos are active in the British market and run under the legal framework placed by the local regulator. Punters can play with a few unlicensed casinos, but it comes with its own risks. The operators we suggest are all compliant with UK legislation so that you have fun by playing in a secured environment.
Online casinos have made betting easier than ever, by providing accessible avenues to place reliable bets. The best online casinos offer you a variety of games, betting options, payment modes, bonuses and much more, so as to make your betting experience enjoyable and exciting. If you are confused as to which online casino UK site is the best for you, then don’t worry, you can rely on our expert reviews and comparisons to find the top UK online casinos. When you bet with the best online casinos, you can be assured that your personal information is safe and the games are fair. What’s more, we’ve even highlighted a number of blacklisted casinos, so you know which operators you have to avoid.
Apart from comparisons of the best casinos in UK we also provide you with relevant betting tips and strategies to further improve your betting game.